I got this recipe from Ms. Gauley one of my middle school teachers at Heritage who also goes to Faith. We love it and it goes together so quick. As a wedding shower gift she put all the dry/non perishable ingredients into the glass dish it gets baked it. Great gift idea!!
1 1/2 C uncooked elbow macaroni
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 C cooked chicken or turkey diced
1 4oz can of mushrooms (drained)
1 jar of pimentos
1 11oz can cream of chicken soup
1 C milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 curry powder
Stir all ingredients together
Pour into 1 1/2 qt. un-greased casserole dish
Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350.
Serves 2-3
*Add more milk if the casserole looks dry while cooking
* I have used canned chicken from Costco that works well
*For the picture above I used Jack cheese that tasted good too
*For a healthier option you could use whole wheat pasta and low sodium/fat free cream of chicken soup
* I have never added mushrooms to this, Chad isn't a mushroom fan so they always get omitted
* I shred the chicken I like it better than diced
No comments:
Post a Comment