Sunday, October 25, 2009

Classic Chicken with rice and green beans

This recipe came from my Uncle Al, he gave me a bunch of recipes that he liked making for when Chad and I got married. This one is simple and delicious. We always pound our chicken breasts pretty flat so they cook quickly and evenly

Classic Chicken

2 chicken breasts (or one breast per person eating)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 can cream of chicken soup

Preheat the oven to 375' 
Put the chicken in a oven safe dish, drizzle the olive oil on top, bake at 375' for 40 mins. Spoon the soup over the chicken and bake for 20 mins more or until the chicken is fork tender. If you would like to use the soup as sauce like I did, remember to stir it before serving.

White Rice

1 C rice
1 1/2 C water

Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, add rice and cover until done 20-21 mins, fluff with fork and serve. Add salt and butter as desired.

Green Beans

I steam my green beans according to the package directions. I add bacon bits when it's ready to go onto the table for some added taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment