Mexican-style Lasagna from Everyday Foods Mar 05
1 C fresh cilantro leaves
4 scallions coarsely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
10 oz baby spinach
PAM
8 corn tortillas (6")
1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed (15.5 oz)
1 C prepared salsa (mild or medium)
8 oz pepper Jack cheese, grated (about 2 C)
Preheat oven to 425. In a food processor, combine cilantro, scallions, 1tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper with as much spinach as will fit; pulse, adding remaining spinach in batches until coarsely chopped. Coat an 8" square baking dish with PAM. Lay 4 tortillas in bottom of dish (they will overlap slightly). Layer with half the beans, salsa, spinach mixture and cheese; repeat with remaining ingredients ending with cheese and pressing in gently. Cover dish with foil that has been sprayed with PAM. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bubbly, 20-30 mins; remove foil, continue baking until golden, 15-20 mins more. Cool 5-10 mins before serving.
**PS. I used black beans the 2nd time I made this, Chad likes those better. I pulse the spinach all at once because my food processor is a beast and I would add less cilantro than is called for if your family or guests aren't super cilantro fans. I have only made this with Monterey Jack cheese and it tasted good.**
Yum! I loved this! You should make it again soon :)
ReplyDelete